Thursday, November 13, 2008

Hedge Fund Kingpins Testify - Highlights

Here are some of the highlights from the prepared statements today in front of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform by the five famed Hedge Fund managers.

Phillip Falcone of Harbinger Capital Partners

"I would like to take just a moment to tell you a bit about myself. I currently reside in New York City with my wife of 11 years and two children. By way of background, I was born in Chisholm, Minnesota, population 5,000, on the Iron Range in Northern Minnesota. I was the youngest of nine kids who grew up in a three-bedroom home in a working class neighborhood. My father was a utility superintendent and never made more than $14,000 per year, while my mother worked in the local shirt factory. I take great pride in my upbringing, and it is important for the Committee and the public to know that not everyone who runs a hedge fund was born on 5th Avenue - that is the beauty of America."

More later.

3 comments:

Economic Analyst said...

Next week we should have a collapse of the markets again. Nothing was reached at the Financial World Summit and they are meeting in April? We are toast

Kofi Bofah said...

The Iron Range of Minnesota. That is a rugged area.

The birth place of 3M though.

I am gliding through the blogosphere. I feel that you may enjoy this tongue-in-cheek article:

Make Believe Profit Amidst Debacle

I personify fictional characters of pop culture and how they would fare in this environment.

Scena Sajjad said...

introduction
http://www.world-markets-now.com
http://worldmarketsnow.blogspot.com/
http://world-markets-now.blogspot.com/